The International Technology Summit held in Calgary Canada during November 2006 by Smart Technologies exposed the participants to technology trends in education. The highlight of the event was demonstration of the Smart Board – a education delivery tool developed by Smart Technologies. The participants from the region were offered the opportunity to use the tool for research in their territories for twelve months after which they will be donated to the respective classrooms.
Target Groups: Students and Teachers
- The program will be made available to selected teachers in high schools.
- The program will include hands on training along with field/school visits.
- To provide quality computer based teaching and learning in these institutions
- To promote efficient use of ICT in Education
- To build and electronic culture
- To facilitate the integration of technology in education
- To provide and promote interactive learning
Products/Results of the Project/Conclusions
Positive attitude toward the electronic culture
Greater integration of technology in the classrooms
Highly motivated students and teachers
Improved collaboration with international agencies in delivering education
Greater efficiency in delivering education
Project Status: Ongoing